Matcha pairs wonderfully with just about any fruit, but one of my favorite ones to use it with is watermelon. Blend and layer it with cold-brewed matcha for a quick and easy summertime treat that is colorful as it is delicious (and healthy).
The only tools you’ll need is a blender or food processer and a wide-mouth water bottle or airtight container.
Iced Watermelon Matcha Recipe
Yield: 2 servings (You can prepare more by multiplying the ingredients by the number of servings you’d like.)
Prep time: 3 minutes
Total time: 3 minutes
- 2 cups watermelon, deseeded and cubed
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon Komorebi Matcha
- Optional: Watermelon wedges for garnish
- Puree watermelon in a blender or food processer until smooth. Set aside.
- In bottle, cocktail shaker or airtight container, combine water and matcha and vigorously shake for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Into two glasses filled with ice (ice is optional but ensures the drink stays chilled, longer), first pour in the watermelon puree halfway, followed by a layer of matcha. Top it off with remaining watermelon puree.
- Garnish with watermelon wedges.
In the market for organic matcha? Check out our ethically-sourced Komorebi Matcha, a beautiful drinking-grade matcha from a small family garden in the tiny tea town of Wazuka, Japan. Get more tea-inspired recipes here.