Margarita Monday. Taco Tuesday. Cinco de Mayo. Whatever you’re celebrating, toast to the festivities with this tea-riffic twist on the margarita.
Lime, pineapple juice and jalapeno provide just the right balance of sweet, sour and spicy while the addition of matcha rounds off the libation with an umami smoothness. Once you’ve got this recipe in your cocktail arsenal, taco night will never be the same!
- 3 ounces brewed Sencha Sunrise, cooled to room temperature
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon honey simple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon Komorebi Matcha
- 2 thin slices of jalapeno
- Matcha salt to rim glasses (optional)
- Dash of chili pepper (optional)
Instructions (Honey Simple Syrup)
- Mix 1.5 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon of water in a small pot on the stove. We used Goldtap's Voodoo Betty chipotle-infused honey. (Add a dash of chili pepper to the mixture for an extra layer of heat.)
- Cook over low heat, stirring until combined. (If you want to make a larger batch to save for later, do the same, keeping the ratio of 1.5 parts honey to 1 part water.)
Instructions (Matcha Salt)
Combine 1 tablespoon salt with ½ teaspoon Komorebi Matcha. Done!
- Moisten rim of glass with lime. Then, evenly dip the rim into matcha salt. Once rim is covered with salt, carefully add ice.
- In a cocktail shaker or mason jar, muddle the jalapeno with the lime juice.
- Pour in the remaining ingredients and shake vigorously.
- Pour into glass. Garnish with slide of lime and/or jalapenos. Enjoy. Ole!