Salty meets sweet meets umami in this unique twist on a classic snack. Movie nights will never be the same!
- 3½ tbsp coconut oil
- 6 tbsp popcorn kernels
- 8oz white chocolate
- 1½ tsp Komorebi Matcha
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Melt 1½ tbsp of coconut oil in a pot over medium heat. Add in three kernels of popcorn and cover with lid. Once the kernels pop, add 3 tbsp of popcorn kernels. Cover and give the pot a shake to coat the kernels with oil.
- Heat kernels for 60 to 90 seconds until completely popped. Pour popcorn in a large bowl. Repeat steps with remaining kernels.
- Add enough water in a small pot so that it has about 2 inches of water. Bring water to a slight simmer. Place a heat proof bowl on top of the pot of water.
- Add white chocolate and 1 tbsp of coconut oil to the bowl. Whisk chocolate as it melts. Add matcha and continue to whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle matcha and white chocolate mixture over the popcorn and gently toss to coat. For added convenience (and to make less of a mess), coat the popcorn in two batches.
- Pour the coated popcorn on a parchment-lined baking sheet in an even layer. Top popcorn with a sprinkle of sea salt and black sesame seeds. Chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator, or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Break into bite-sized chunks and bon appetit!