Is there anything more refreshing than a tall glass of lemonade on a hot summer day? Yes, there is, actually: A matcha lemonade. Bright, vegetal notes provide an added crispness to the classic summertime beverage, and is a must-try as temperatures continue to rise.
Matcha Lemonade Recipe
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon boiling/hot water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Komorebi Matcha
- Lemon or lime wedges for garnish
- Mint leaves for garnish
- First make the simple syrup. To do so, mix 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of boiling water until sugar dissolves. Let cool.
- To make lemonade, mix ½ cup cold water, juice from one lemon and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker or wide-mouth container with a tight lid. Shake vigorously for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Pour lemonade into a glass and add ice.
- To make matcha, pour ½ cup cold water and matcha into the cocktail shaker or lidded container. Shake for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Pour matcha over lemonade. Add more ice if needed. Garnish with lemon wedge and mint, and serve.