I once had a roommate that upon trying jasmine green tea for the first time said: “Forget alcohol. When I’m in the mood to be intoxicated, this is what I want to get buzzed on.”
After all, there is something very intoxicating about jasmine tea. The airy, floral aroma of this delicate tea is enough to relax the mind and soothe the soul. But when muddled with mint, lime, sugar and topped off with a bit of rum, this enigmatic elixir is transformed into a mojito unlike any other.
Jasmine Tea Mojito Recipe
- 100 milliliters Jasmine Pearls tea, brewed and cooled to room temperature (I like to oversteep it just a bit)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 5 mint leaves (or more, depending on your preference)
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar (or sugar of your choice)
- 1 ounce white rum
- Ice cubes
- Brew Jasmine Pearls tea according to brewing parameters. Let cool to room temperature. (You can also put it in the fridge, just be sure to use a heat-proof container.)
- In a tall glass, muddle the mint, lime juice and sugar together until aromatic.
- Fill glass ¾ of the way with ice.
- Add your choice of white rum and cooled Jasmine Pearls tea.
- Garnish with lime wedges and/or mint leaves. Serve and enjoy.