Fall is the perfect time for this creamy, dreamy homemade Chai Hot Chocolate. Warm almond milk whisked with cocoa powder, maple syrup and our Chai Cheer tea make the perfect beverage for getting extra cozy -- and indulgent.
Servings: 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons Chai Cheer loose leaf tea
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup (to taste)
- Optional: Whipped cream or marshmallows for topping
- Combine ingredients in a medium saucepan. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat to a simmer over medium-low heat. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, whisking until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Use fine mesh strainer to filter out tea and spices as you pour into mugs. (Optional: top with whipped cream or marshmallows.)
- Serve immediately and enjoy.